Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy 2009!

This is a celebratory year for me! -- I have a birthday next month and will be of the age that ends in an "0". I also have an anniversary at the end of the year and that will also end in an "0". So, perhaps that is a "theme" for me this year -- accomplishing or finishing lists tasks whose total ends in "0".

My first task is my resolutions for the year -- I usually don't make them, so I am going to consider them as "goals" instead of resolutions.

Goal #1: Being ready for Christmas 2009 by December 1, 2009. One of my daughters comments that if we made two gifts per month, we would be done by December. So, I have made it my goal to complete at least two gifts per month.

Goal #2: Making my Christmas cards in July (or at least this summer). I am endeavored to make my Christmas cards for several years and have ended up purchasing them instead of making them. I need to start earlier to accomplish this goal.

Goal #3: Reading through the Bible this year. I have wanted to do this for several years -- I tend to begin, but not finish. I am setting a goal to finish this year.

Goal #4: Reading one book for pleasure per month. I love to read and have a stack of books waiting for me.

Goal #5 - Updating my blog on a more regular basis -- I haven't definitely decided exactly how often, but I think it is important to do so.

Well, that does it! Five lofty goals, which is enough to begin with. I shall be updating the progress on this goals on my blog on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi there,

I would like to invite you to take a look at my 2009 Quilt Retreat Getaway Weekend held in Wisconsin. Go to

www.Quiltsbybarb.com

and click on 2009 Quilt Retreat for the details.

I promise you would enjoy yourself and it is a great way to complete some of those projects.

Please email me if you have any questions.

We would love to have you join us!

Barb, owner of Quilts by Barb

Tia said...

Mommy:

Have I ever told you that your my heroine? Love you so much...I hope your goals become a reality. Let's do them together!

T