Sunday, January 20, 2008

2008 Update!

My children have been "gently nudging" me that I need to update my blog! I can't figure out why they say so -- it's only been two months since my last post! Why the tardiness in updating my blog -- well, it probably is because I do a lot of my work (for my daytime job) on the computer and the last thing I want to do is more computer work! However, I do enjoy reading other's blogs. I am just not sure that I have as much to say as some who blog daily -- or perhaps I do, but some times for me it is better that I say nothing and "appear wise" or (as the old axom says) to open my mouth and to remove all doubt!

What have I been doing in my "spare time" the last two months? Well, sewing, knitting and reading. I was able to finish a lot of gifts for Christmas. I do like making things for people. I am trying to "hone" my quilting/sewing skills. What did I make -- placemats for my family gift exchange, about a dozen pillow cases, a table topper for my niece, and several pairs of socks. Pictures of some of these will follow this post.

I've read 5 books since I last blogged including: "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs, "The Note" by Angela Hunt (one of my favorite authors), "Motif for Murder" by Laura Childs, and "Where Angels Go" and "Christmas Wishes" by Debbie Macomber (another of my favorite authors).

No comments: