Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Christmas Swap Questionnaire

1. Are you religious? Yes
2. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider yourself a Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced? 38 years, Probably intermediate
3. Do you have any other hobbies besides knitting? Yes. I sew, quilt and read.
4. Favorite color(s)? Blue or red; but I like lots of colors.
5. Do you collect anything? fat quarters (for quilting!)
6. Are you allergic to any fibers or animals? Not in fibers that i know of, but I am allergic to some animals, so I do not have pets and I need to be careful in homes with pets.
7. Do you have any pets? No.
8. Coffee, Tea, or Hot Chocolate? I like them all
9. Cookies or Sweets? Love them!
10. Do you knit socks? Yes
11. If not socks then what? (tell us about your favorite knits) mostly socks right now.
12. Do you put up a Christmas tree? Yes, preferably a real tree.
13. Favorite holiday treats? Cookies and homemade candies
14. Favorite holiday smells? The tree, cookies, cinnamon, other food smells.
15. Do you celebrate Christmas in a traditional or unconventional way? Please elaborate. Traditional - I think -- we go to church, have a special food with family and/or friends. Open presents. Give gifts. Sing, enjoy family and friends.
16. What are your favorite holiday traditions? I love Christmas music and I love to give gifts.
17. Finish the sentence: “For me Christmas is all about....” Jesus
18. If you were a Christmas ornament you would be…….? an angel or snowman
19. What was your favorite gift you've ever received? A grandchild ! Or given? Anything I've made.
20. When do you start your Christmas? Probably begin preparing right after Thanksgiving (3td Thursday in November)
21. Do you send Christmas cards? Do you make them or buy them? Yes, buy and make, if I have time.
22. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Hard decision - probably our family specialty of dessert -- chocolate roll with hot chocolate syrup as the topping.
23. Carolers are at your door. What do you do? Listen to them sing. Invite them in for cookies and warm beverages.
24. When do you open presents? Christmas eve or Christmas morning? Depends on which family members we are with. Either is all right with me.
25. Do you celebrate with family or friends or both? Mostly family, but if I had a friend who was going to be alone, I would invite them over.

2 comments:

Knittymuggins said...

Thanks so much for sharing Linda! Your family's traditional dessert sounds lovely :) Hope you're enjoying the swap so far and thanks for filling out your questionnaire!

Unknown said...

I would be very happy if you come to swap gift with us!
have a nice day!
Mama from France
http://www.sirpriz.com
Swap gift communauty and friends