Thursday, March 1, 2007

Snowstorm

We are experiencing what every school child in the state wishes for all winter -- a REAl blizzard! The snow is blowing and falling and it has been since last night. I went outside to shovel, but gave up after about 10 minutes -- it kept snowing and blowing and the 2 feet I shoveled in front of our door step will soon be filled up with more snow! I decided to wait until it stops. Good thing I have a stash of yarn and fabric -- this definitely is going to be a knitting and quilting weekend until someone comes and rescues me, because I'm in for the storm! I tried to take pictures with my camera, but my batteries need re-charging -- so I'll take some tomorrow and up load them. All I can tell you is the snow is over the tops of my boots in the driveway!

They've closed Interstate 35 from Austin, Minnesota through Ames Iowa and it looks like they are closing Interstate 90 that runs east to west in the southern part of Minnesota too! Oh the joys of snow! I am thankful that I don't have to go out and that I can make decisions about whether or not to venture out in the snow! Driving in snow is not one of my favorite things to do. So, hopefully, with my batteries charged by tomorrow, I will be able to update the three socks I have knit since my last post as well as our PILES of snow!

Anyone want to make a snowman?

No comments: